How to use: au Wi-Fi SPOT
The settings differ depending on the device. See the information below for details.
It is possible to use 1 other device in addition to an au device.
- *Configure the default settings on a Wi-Fi tablet or PC by using the same au ID that is registered to the au device that you are using.
If you have not obtained an au ID, obtain an au ID with the au device that you are currently using and register your au mobile phone.
Wi-Fi tablet, etc
- * Android™ 1.6 or greater
- * iOS4.1 and later, iPod touch third generation and later
- * It may not be possible to use this service with certain devices, including some network-equipped devices from other companies as well as devices produced overseas.
For details regarding how to use each of the devices, see the links under "Device Settings" above.
You are automatically connected when you enter a spot in Japan where you can use this service.
- * You need to manually log in when using an IS12T, iPad Wi-Fi model, or iPod touch.
- * Any of the following Wi-Fi networks (SSID) can be used (supported encryption method in parentheses):
"au_Wi-Fi" (WPA2), "au_Wi-Fi2" (WPA2), "Wi2premium_club" (WPA2), "Wi2_club" (WPA2), "UQ_Wi-Fi" (WEP), "Wi2premium" (no encryption), "Wi2" (no encryption), "wifi_square" (no encryption).
For the unlocking method when connecting to an SSID other than those listed above, check the following.
- * There is no need for you to select a Wi-Fi network name because the connection to the Wi-Fi network is automatic.
- * "au_Wi-Fi" and "au_Wi-Fi2" cannot be used on iPhone or iPad. Connect to any of the above Wi-Fi networks located in the same spot.
- * "au_Wi-Fi2" can only be used with Android au smartphones that support LTE.
When using overseas, switch the specialized app (au Wi-Fi connection tool) to overseas mode, and then log in at a spot where you can use this service.