How to use: (iPhone and iPad)
If Airplane Mode is set to ON, turn it off before using the following.
(1) Making calls and using SMS only
In Settings, toggle "Enable 4G" to OFF
>Toggle "Cellular Data" to OFF
>Select "Roaming", then toggle "Voice Roaming" to ON to use
(2) Making calls and using SMS and data communication
From Settings, toggle "Cellular Data" to ON
>Select "Roaming", then toggle "Voice & Data Roaming" to ON
>Toggle "Data Roaming" to ON to use
- * Using high-speed data communication with LTE (iPhone only) By setting the following, you can use LTE high-speed data communication too. Select "Enable 4G" > Select "Voice & Data [*]" or "Data Only"
Setting Cellular Roaming (* excluding iPad) Toggle "Voice & Data Roaming" to ON Toggle "Data Roaming" to ON
- * If you are still unable to use even after setting the above, turn the power off and on, and check again.
Select "Cellular Data".
Toggle "Cellular Data" to ON and select "Roaming".
Toggle "Voice & Data Roaming" to ON.
Toggle "Data Roaming" to ON.
If "Roaming" is displayed as "Voice & Data", setting is correct.
While using iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.3 or later), if you tap "Settings" "Cellular" "Enable 4G" and switch from "Voice & Data" to "Data Only" or "Off"*, after returning to Japan and returning the setting to that before you left the country, reconfigure the settings for voice call services such as Answering Service EX and Call Forwarding Service.
Click here (in Japanese only) for how to set (choose a voice call service)
- * If Cellular Data is OFF, "Voice Only" and "Off" are displayed.
Return the settings to those for use within Japan
After returning, it is recommended to set the roaming setting to OFF. If you leave the setting ON, your phone may automatically use the roaming connection the next time you go overseas. Use after returning the settings to those for use within Japan.
Setting Cellular Roaming Toggle "Voice" to OFF Toggle "Data Roaming" to OFF