LTE Flat for Tab/Tab(L)
This plan is recommended for customers who frequently use their 4G LTE tablets outside their homes or offices, offering the monthly data amount of 7GB.
-  Everybody Discount Single is automatically renewed in two-year units. In the case of contract termination, a contract cancellation fee of ¥9,500 is incurred (excluding the renewal period). If you subscribe to Everybody Discount Single due to cancellation or other reasons, calculation on a pro-rata basis is not applied and the flat rate is incurred.
< When the basic charges discount campaign + Smart Value are applied >
- * A separate subscription to LTE NET (¥ 300/month) is required.
By subscribing to LTE Flat for Tab/Tab(L), you can use au Wi-Fi SPOT.
Eligible Models / Rate plans
|Tablet models||Rate plans|
|iPad Pro||LTE Flat for Tab(L)|
|iPad mini 4|
|Xperia™ Z4 Tablet|
|GALAXY Tab S SCT21||LTE Flat for Tab|
|Xperia™ Z2 Tablet SOT21|
|ASUS MeMO Pad™ 8|
|Google Nexus 7|
Smartphone Set Discount
Get a discount on basic charges when using as a set with an au Smartphone/4G LTE Featurephone
Condition: Available for customers whose au smartphones/4G LTE mobile phones are contracted under the same name and who have subscribed to an eligible Flat-rate Data Service or rate plan shown below.
- *Smartphone Set Discount requires use of one smartphone line for each tablet line.
- *Smartphone Set Discount does not apply to smartphone call charges or communications charges.
- *If the customer cancels, suspends, transfers the 4G LTE tablet / 4G LTE smartphone or 4G LTE mobile phone, or changes models, and simultaneously changes the eligible rate plan or terminates the eligible data (packet) flat rate service, the Smartphone Set Discount is deemed to terminate for the usage at the end of the month preceding the month the procedure is made. Also, if the customer changes the eligible rate plan or terminates the eligible data (packet) flat rate service without changing models, the discount is deemed to terminate for the usage at the end of the month preceding the month the procedure is made.
- *When monthly charges of an eligible plan are prorated, the discount amount will also be prorated. If you cancel in the middle of a month, the basic charge is not prorated and the flat rate is incurred (If not subscribed to Everybody Discount Single, the basic charge is prorated).
- *au Smart Value and Smartphone Set Discount cannot both be applied to the same line. au Smart Value will be applied.
- *As of September 14, 2016, new applications for Flat-rate Data 8/10/13 are no longer accepted. This includes plans with (V) and (VK).
LTE Flat for Tab/Tab(L) START discount
Discount of ¥500/month on basic charges is applied up to 2 years if you sign up for "LTE Flat for Tab/Tab(L)" at the same time you purchase a 4G LTE tablet through a new contract or model change.
- *If you change your model or cancel your contract, the discount will be terminated.
- *When monthly charges are prorated, the discount amount will also be prorated.
- *Normal charges will be applied after the campaign period is over.
Communication amount notification
You are notified that the amount of communications that you use exceeds 6GB or 7GB (plus 500MB when subscribed to the Tethering Option) with SMS (C-mail) the day after you exceed the amount.
Data option/communications option
The unused data amount can be carried over to the next month.
For Flat-rate Data the unused data amount in a month can be carried over and used by the end of the next month.All of the unused data amount can be carried over, eliminating waste.
- * Extra data amounts that are provided by a campaign are not eligible.
This service allows you to purchase data quantities in real time. If you purchase data quantities with Data Charge, no communications speed constraint is applied even if the total of the monthly data quantity you use exceeds 7GB.
The service allows you to share the total data amount of the monthly data amount for a 4G LTE smartphone or 4G LTE feature phone and the monthly data amount for a tablet (2GB) between the devices.
Settings are required before using Data Share.
This option allows you to use your tablet or smartphone as a Wi-Fi router. Additional 500MB is added to the communications amount of 7GB that can be used without communications speed constraints.
(The additional data quantity of 500MB is not added during the free period of the option charge.)
About Universal Service Fund System
In accordance with the launch of the Universal Service Fund System, au began imposing a "Universal Service Fee" on customers in January of 2007.
Click here to confirm the details.
[Regulations of 4G LTE / WiMAX 2+ / 3G communication speed]
- * If the total amount of communications of the month exceeds the data quantity for that month, the maximum communications speed for sending and receiving until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communications speed constraint will be removed on the first day of the following month.) If you apply for the Extra Option, the communications speed constraint does not apply. Data quantities purchased with Data Charge can be used without any communications speed constraint.
- * To avoid network congestion, a limit will be placed on the communications speed for a whole day if you have used more than 6GB over the three most recent days (not including the day on which the constraint is applied).
- * If the communication charges become high, service may be suspended temporarily.
[Optimization of communication]
LTE NET series packet communications may perform system optimization to improve the display speed of images and the waiting time before video playback begins.
|Image files||BMP, jpg, gif, PNG formats|
|Video files||MPEG, AVI, MOV, FLV, MP4, 3GP, WebM, ASF, WMV formats|
- * HTTPS communications and files with email attachments are not optimized.
- * Customers who do not need communication optimization can contact the Customer Center (157) to have optimization cancelled.
- * Optimization is the compression and conversion of images to the appropriate size for a smartphone screen. Compressed and converted data cannot be restored.
*All of the indicated amounts exclude tax unless otherwise specified.