Zero Start Flat Rate
New applications are no longer accepted as of September 1, 2015.
A discount service that allows you to easily start using a 4G LTE tablet.
-  ¥1,500/month to ¥6,243/month when au Smart Value and Smartphone Set Discount are not applied.
-  No LTE NET usage fees are incurred for months with no data transmissions. (LTE NET usage fees are free up to 500KB.)
-  Customers who subscribe to LTE Double-Teigaku for Tab/Tab(i) will be automatically subscribed (required) to au Wi-Fi SPOT.
-  The usage fees are prorated in cases where the customer signs up or cancels a contract before the end of a month.
- *Packet transmissions overseas are not covered by flat-rate charges or maximum charges. Overseas Double-Teigaku applies only when automatically connected to an eligible telecommunications carrier. Use of an au Wi-Fi SPOT overseas is charged.
〈About the monthly basic charge〉
- *If you sign up for a service, or cancel the contract partway through the month, the basic charges are calculated on a prorated basis.
〈About Everybody Discount Single〉
- *The contract is automatically renewed in two-year units. If the contract is cancelled during the term, a cancellation fee (¥9,500) will be charged. (This fee does not apply if the service is ended in the month of renewal).
au Smart Value *For Zero Start Flat Rate: Application required
With an eligible fixed-line communications service (in combination with Internet + phone), you can get a permanent discount of ¥1,000 on the tablet usage fees!
★Eligible fixed-line communications services
[Fiber optic internet] au HIKARI (@nifty, @TCOM, ASAHI NET, au one net, BIGLOBE, DTI and So-net), au HIKARI Chura, commuf@ Hikari, eo Hikari, Pikara, MEGA EGG, BBIQ
[Cable TV] Cable television partnered with JCN and J:COM ★
- *Some services are not eligible.
- *For details about eligible fixed-line communication services, check the au Smart Value page.
- ★As of March 1, 2014, this discount is also applied to the Internet + TV service of J:COM and JCN. If you are already applying this discount and are changing from Internet + phone to Internet + TV, you must apply with au separately. The discount after changing is applied from the month following the month of the application. The discount also applies to Internet + phone + TV.
- *To apply for the discount, a contractor of a fixed-line communications service and a contractor of an au mobile phone / tablet should have the same family name and address. If family names are different or the number of au mobile phones / tablets to be registered exceeds five, proof is required showing that they are family members living at the same address.
- *The number of au mobile phones / tablets to be registered is restricted to up to 10 lines.
〈About application of discounts〉
- *The discount is applied from the month in which an application for au Smart Value is made.
- *The au Smart Value discount and LTE NET usage fees discount (if no data communications is used) do not apply in the month in which a tablet user terminates Smartphone Set Discount and applies for au Smart Value. The discount applies to the usage fees from the month following the month in which such application is made.
- *The discount applies to the monthly basic charges (If the monthly basic charges are prorated, the discount amount is also prorated). The discount amount is calculated using the tax-excluded charges on a billing statement.
- *In the case of cancellation (suspension, transfer) of an au mobile phone / tablet, the discount is terminated at the end of the month of cancellation (suspension), or deemed to terminate at the end of the month preceding the month of transfer.
- *If a subscriber cancels a fixed-line communications service during the discount period, the discount is deemed to terminate at the end of the month preceding the month of cancellation.
- *The discount is applied only for customers who are currently using or are currently having their application processed for a fixed-line communications service.
- *If a fixed-line communications service (Internet + phone) is not launched after six months have passed since the application for au Smart Value, the discount is gradually suspended. The discount will be applied again once the fixed-line communications service is launched.
- *If a fixed-line communications service is cancelled by the service provider, the discount continues to be applied for three months starting from the month following the month of cancellation. If the service is cancelled by the customer, the discount is deemed to terminate at the end of the month preceding the month in which such a request is made. The discounts applied in the past are charged by being added to usage charges of au mobile phones.
- *This service may not be available in combination with other campaigns offered by KDDI.
- *There is no deadline for this campaign. KDDI will give customers advance notice of any such changes.
- *A universal service charge is separately incurred.
- *Check for other costs arising from the contract at the store.
- *Smart Value® is a registered trademark of EMC Co.,Ltd.
Smartphone Set Discount
Get a discount on basic charges when using as a set with an au Smartphone/4G LTE Featurephone
Conditions: Customers who have an au Smartphone/4G LTE Featurephone contract in the same name and who have subscribed to Flat-rate Data 1/2/3/5/8/10/13, Flat-rate Data 1(V)/2(V)/3(V)/5(V)/8(V)/10(V)/13(V), ,Flat-rate Data 2 (VK)/3 (VK)/5 (VK)/8 (VK)/10 (VK)/13 (VK), Unlimited Calling Plan(Mobile phone・Data), LTE Flat,LTE Flat(V), IS Flat, or Plan F (IS) Simple. The Smartphone Set Discount requires use of one smartphone line for each tablet line.
- *Smartphone calling charges and communications charges are not eligible for the "Smartphone Set Discount".
- *In the case of cancellation, suspension, or transfer of a tablet or smartphone contract or a termination of an applicable packet flat-rate service, the "Smartphone Set Discount" will automatically terminate.
Zero Start Discount
For customers who purchase a 4G LTE tablet and subscribe to LTE Double-Teigaku for Tab/Tab(i), a discount of ¥500 on the basic usage charge is applied for up to 24 months from the month of the subscription.
- *The discount will be discontinued in the event of a model change, contract termination or temporary suspension.
- *When the basic charge is prorated, the discount amount will also be prorated.
- *There is no deadline for this campaign. KDDI will give customers advance notice in the event of any changes.
Data option/communications option
Even if the amount of data that you use within a month exceeds 7GB (additional 500MB when subscribed to the Tethering Option), no communication speed constraint is applied.
This option allows you to use your tablet or smartphone as a Wi-Fi router. Additional 500MB is added to the communications amount of 7GB that can be used without communications speed constraints.
(The additional data quantity of 500MB is not added during the free period of the option charge.)
Communications amount notification
You are notified that the amount of communications that you use exceeds 6GB or 7GB (plus 500MB when subscribed to the Tethering Option) with SMS (C-mail) the day after you exceed the amount.
About Universal Service Fund System
In accordance with the launch of the Universal Service Fund System, au began imposing a "Universal Service Fee" on customers in January of 2007.
Click here to confirm the details.
[Regulations of 4G LTE / WiMAX 2+ / 3G communication speed]
- * If the total amount of communications exceeds 7 GB in a month, the maximum communication speed for sending and receiving until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communication speed restriction will be removed on the first day of the following month.) If you apply for the Extra Option, the communication speed restriction does not apply.
- * To avoid network congestion, a limit will be placed on the communications speed for a whole day if you have used more than 3GB over the three most recent days (not including the day on which the constraint is applied).
- * If the communication charges become high, service may be suspended temporarily.
Optimization of communication
In LTE NET packet communications, the optimization of communication may be performed on file types shown below to improve the display speed of images and shorten the waiting time before video playback begins.
|Image files||BMP, jpg, gif, PNG formats|
|Video files||MPEG, AVI, MOV, FLV, MP4, 3GP, WebM, ASF, WMV formats|
- * HTTPS communications and emails with file attachments are not optimized.
- * Customers who do not need communication optimization can contact the Customer Center (157) to have optimization cancelled.
- * Optimization is the compression and conversion of images to the appropriate size for a smartphone screen. Compressed and converted data cannot be restored.
*All of the indicated amounts exclude tax unless otherwise specified.